Frequently Asked Questions
What benefits does UClub membership offer?
There are many benefits to joining The University Club (UClub)!
- First, we aim to offer opportunities for building lasting friendships! Joining UClub is the way to meet and network with the movers and shakers among Staff and Faculty at OSU. UClub offers it members not only a way to gain a sense of community, but to broaden their idea of how far reaching that community can be.
- Second, UClub offers a variety of cool, unique events. There is a good mix of free events, inexpensive events and a few that are more exclusive like the amazing wine dinners! For the events members pay for, UClub usually arranges a group discount, so they’re very reasonable. Plus, UClub does all the planning. All you have to do is RSVP and show up!
Added bonuses are that UClub members get discounts at various stores in Stillwater and get access to other University Clubs worldwide, that are part of the Association of College and University Clubs.
Tell me more about those Wine dinners?
The University Club holds a dinner each semester featuring an outstanding chef who crafts a food pairing with wine or beer. This is a very popular event, with the company of President and Mrs. Hargis at many of these dinners.
Tell me more about your events?
Each month that the university is in session, the University Club hosts special events that are organized by the UClub Event Planner. These events are quite varied in both character and location and are greatly enjoyed by participants. Local musicians, complimentary hors d'oeuvres, and/or cash bar are provided for all members and their guests to enjoy. Non-members are welcome as well to learn more about the UClub and to meet current members and build new friendships. Want to know what events are scheduled for this semester? Do check out our Year at a Glance!
How do we know what events are happening and how to sign up?
We have our events listed on our website calendar. There are several e-mails that go out to our members each month, keeping you informed about current events and you will have several opportunities to register for the events.
Can I bring a guest?
A few times a year, we have events that allow you to bring guests. However, if you want to bring a guest to every event, please add the ‘BRING A FRIEND’ option to your membership and you can bring a friend to each event. This can even be a different friend each time!
Are all of the events free?
No, many are but some are not. We have a good variety of free events, inexpensive local events and more upscale events like dinners and sporting events. There will be many opportunities each month. Many of the virtual events are free, as well.
At which places do I get a discount as UClub member?
Just show your UClub membership card at the following places for a discount: Brown’s Bottle Shop(10%), Stillwater Wine & Spirits(10%), Taylor’s Dining(15%) and PC Carpet Cleaning(20%)
How do I know which other University clubs are part of the Association of College and University Clubs?
Check out: http://www.acuclubs.org/
Will my information be shared with any other organizations?
Does my membership automatically renew each year?
We have a membership drive each year and we always want you to renew, but we do not automatically process renewals.
What if I sign up for an event and then cannot attend?
As long as it does not cost the club any out-of-pocket expense, you will get a complete refund. However, for big events that we have to pay in advance/pre-order the food (wine dinners), you will only receive a refund if you cancel 7 days prior to the event.
What is your refund policy concerning memberships?
Normally we do not offer refunds for membership dues. However, since it is unclear how COVID-19 will impact the activities of the UClub for the year 2020-2021, the following refund policy will apply to this year only:
- A member may cancel their membership for Year 2020-2021 until October 1st 2020 and will receive a full refund less $45 service fee.
- Membership cancellations received after October 1st 2020 will not be granted, nor will UClub pro-rate the membership fee charged.
- Cancellation requests must be made in writing by e-mail or fax, by the member or credit card holder.
- To formalize the cancellation request, the member must return his/her membership card(s) to the UClub by mail.
- Refunds will be credited back to the original credit card used for payment, only after the membership card(s) is/are returned to the UClub.
- All benefits and incentives received by member will be cancelled.